Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mourinho Unveiled as Inter Manager, No Longer "Special"

Jose Mourinho officially accepted the position as manager of Italy's Internazionale this morning, replacing Roberto Mancini. In the ensuing press conference Mourinho stated, "I have arrived to a special club and I believe I am a great coach but I don't want to be special." He continued, insisting that he is not "special," instead that he is, "Mourinho--period."

Mourinho did admit that he would like to bring in 2 or 3 players in order to make the current Serie A champions "more competitive." Frank Lampard, Ricardo Carvalho, and striker Didier Drogba have been linked with a move to be reunited with Mourinho, but Jose refused to comment on any specific prospects.

This guy is great, I don't know if he purposely soaks his speeches in irony, or its just his nature, but either way, I'm glad he is back. I look forward to the hilarity that will surely ensue with his future dealings with the Italian media. Welcome back Jose.

No comments: